The Wilson Creek Frozen 50k races are located about 45 minutes south of Nampa, Idaho.
If you are coming from I-84, take Exit 35 (Sugar Beet exit) or 36 (Franklin) and go South through town to 12th Ave Rd. S.
Directions from the Nampa Rec Center on 12th Ave. Rd. in Nampa:
- Travel South on 12th Ave. Rd (Hwy 45) for 13.25 miles (starting at the Rec Center) and then bear right, staying on Hwy 45, at the Melba junction.
- Go another 4.3 miles down the hill to the Snake River basin. You will pass Dan’s Ferry gas station on the left. Keep going across the river.
- Almost immediately after crossing the river, you will stay RIGHT at the Y fork in the road. You want to go toward Given’s Hot Springs/Marsing, NOT Murphy.
- A quarter mile after the Y junction, you will come to a stop sign at the T-junction of Hwy 45 and Hwy 78
- Turn right onto Hwy 78 and proceed 3.2 miles west on Hwy 78 to Wilson Creek Road.
- At Wilson Creek Road, you will see the “Wilson Creek Cattle Feeders” sign on your left and the little red schoolhouse on the right. Turn left on Wilson Creek Road.
- Go 3.3 miles on Wilson Creek Road. 2.5 miles in, you will come to the cattle feeder lot, at which you need to bear right onto the dirt road. That is where the pavement ends. If you end up in the cattle feeder lot, you will know you went the wrong way and need to go back out and take that right onto the dirt road.
- Soon you will start seeing parking attendants and parking people. Park where they tell you to. Thank you.